Monday, January 9, 2012

feeling a bit under the weather..

I've come down with a cold this afternoon.. I'm all stuffed up in the sinuses and feel a bit achy. I know I got it from Sam who got it from someone on plane home from KL. That's one bad thing about airplane travel - being crammed in a small area with people who might be carrying yucky germs to spoil your holiday! boo! It's a small risk compared to the joy of travel, though, so I won't complain too much!

I thought I'd share a Berries and Cream Chia pudding dish I want to try soon. I love chia! I have it in my breakfast smoothie every morning. The pudding version has a nice texture.


see the recipe here at Healthful Pursuit
------------------------------------------------------------

Now some pics from the trip to Malaysia!

orchids at Changi airport, Singapore en route to KL. I used to be a florist and I still get excited when I see beautiful flowers!

Our first day in KL. We walked to Petronas Towers and then had a look in the KLCC mall below them.

Sam and I outside the Petronas Towers

Domo!! 
found in a store called S & J -our initials! Sam and Jess... and also our travel buddies Susan and Jordan!

A massive Christmas display - So pretty! and a bit unusual I thought, given that Malaysia is majority the Islamic religion. There were so many Christmasy decorations everywhere!! Now that Xmas is over, they have a huge dragon hanging down to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

The United Buddy Bears on display outside KLCC

Dinner on the first night - a hawker stall near Petaling Street (Chinatown). You pick the skewers and they BBQ them for you! It went down well with a 1L Tiger beer (Sam) and fresh coconut water (me)!

More tomorrow! I'm off to cook coconut chicken curry for dinner :D yum!

Good deed for the day: I let a man go in front of me in the queue at the bank. He looked like he was having a rough day!
This is good for: the unknown man (as he got his tasks done quicker) and myself as it a feel good moment to do a nice thing for someone else!

1 comment:

  1. Nicepics! You have just single handedly convinced me to go there to pursue my love affair with DOMO. I was given some hairclips from a friend, she got it from you at Southbank, they are special little delights. A girl can never have too many hair clips. Also, thanks you for your warm words of encouragement for my blog. Warm hugs, Taya.

    ReplyDelete