Saturday, January 7, 2012

Alright 2012! Here i come!

Yay! I am so excited about what the New Year will bring for myself, personally, and Good Boy Cracky as a micro business!
My first, big resolution is to blog more! I think I'll be able to achieve this, as I have finally combined my GBC google account to my personal account. This simple task means I now don't have to log out and re-login of my Google Reader and Blogger account to post fun/interetsing links on my blog! Whew! I know it's not hard to relogin etc, but it has been a bit of an annoying road block which I have now lifted! I should have done this sooner! ;P

Good Boy Cracky will be focused on more detailed designs this year, but I'll still have a range of the usual best sellers. I also want to broaden my range into hair bands, which I am enjoying wearing more and more too!
My twitter account will be very active. It'll have a range of topics including moments from my daily life, fun links and other interesting bits and pieces! I like to keep it varied :D View my account here. I find it interesting when I read little tweets of other people's day... and I hope you do too!

I'm also going to add a weekly post called the "Jessiedex". Now, this is my nickname from my friends who come to me to find out great places to eat around Brisbane! I often get phone calls asking a nice place to take a girlfriend for a special dinner or just a casual meal in the nearby suburb! Being a HUGE food lover, I have tried many delicious restaurants around Brisbane and I have quite a big "brain catalogue" or "Jessiedex" of where to eat! ha! So, I'll blog about recent places I've been and give a bit of a review. Yay! A food journalist would be an amazing job!
If you are looking for a great food reviewer, check out the lovely Morag from Miss Morag's Morsels

I'll also be sharing recipes for dishes I have made or that have caught my eye recently! Like this one below: Tom Kha Gai (Thai coconut chicken soup)

Source of picture and recipe


Ingredients:
8 oz boneless and skinless chicken (breast or thighs, cut into strips)
20 canned straw mushrooms
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1 stalk lemongrass (cut into 3-inch lengths and pounded)
6 kaffir lime leaves (lightly bruised to release the flavor)
6 slices galangal
8 bird’s eye chilies (lightly pounded)
3 tablespoon fish sauce
2 1/2 tablespoon lime juice (or to taste)
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro

Method:
Add coconut milk, water, lemongrass, galangal, chilies, kaffir lime leaves into a pot and bring it to boil. Add straw mushrooms and chicken and boil it on medium heat for a few minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add lime juice and fish sauce to taste. Add chopped cilantro before serving.
It is SO easy and SO delicious!

Over the New Year holiday, I went to Kuala Lumpur and Langkawi Island in Malaysia, so I will be posting some photos and commenting on my experiences in future blog entries. (I throughly recommend it for a holiday, by the way! :P)

Other resolutions of mine are to: 
  • stop chewing my nails,
  • become and Do-Gooder and document this on blog (see more about that here. Thanks, Pip!)

  • Control my food portions! (Mine are way too big!) Luckily I am also into crossfit for exercise, which helps this, but I still need to learn self control! ha!
  • Slow down when eating meals (chopsticks make me eat slower... maybe I should eat with them all the time! :P)
  • Keep craft room tidier (it always looks like "a bomb has gone off in it" as my boyfriend, Sam, likes to say!)
Do you have any resolutions?


That's all from me for the moment! I hope you'll come back again soon and comment below if you want any info from the Jessiedex! hehe!

All the best for 2012! x

Good thing for the day: an embarassed girl dropped a baguette on the floor in the supermarket. I made sure it wasn't returned to the bread basket to be sold again (and gave it to the bakery section out the back).
This good thing is for: Woolworths and their customers, so they don't sell or eat dirty baguettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment