Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Designer feature :D

I've decided to include a weekly post about designers that I admire in the crafty world. This has stemmed from all the lovely blogs I subscribe to and the desire to share their amazing creations on my blog. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the talent that is out there and I get to wonder if what I do is enough, but I'm always so inspired to create better designs and work harder for my label :)

Today, I'd love to share the charming illustrations of Lauren Carney. I popped by her stall at the recent Brisbane Finders Keepers and it was wonderful to catch up and have a quick chat. It had been about a year since last saw her at the Young Designer's Market! She is one of the most vibrant, talented, cheerful and sweet designers in the crafty/illustration world!
I managed to get my little hands on a set of her new "air mail" writing paper - which I can't wait to use! :P


"The Fleet"print





What I love most about her work is how varied and extensive it is - cute, quirky and colourful on one hand, then there's the alluring 'flapper' series that shows a more mature outlook and also the practical side where she uses tote bags and postcards to create useable and portable artwork. I admire the diverse ways she chooses to display her illustrations: postcards, stickers, iron on transfers, a new range of t-shirts, hanging decorations, writing sets, prints for the wall... the list goes on! She is a Mary Poppins bag of infinite, beautiful work for anyone who seeks a bit of whimsy in their life. I look forward to seeing where her next venture takes her :)


A recent poster featured in Peppermint magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment