Saturday, July 16, 2011

A French influence!

After a well deserved lie-in the morning, Sam and I ventured out for a coffee and a croissant - a favourite weekend ritual.  The coffee was from the lovely Merlo and the croissants were purchased from Chouquette - the BEST bakery in Brisbane! I swear they have the most delicious cakes and pastries outside France! 


I thought I'd then continue the French theme (seeing as it was Bastille Day this week too!)

I've been following the blog of a cool, French illustrator called Aurore Damant. I love the expressions she creates in her characters. They are so detailed and colourful! You can read an interview with her here



Interestingly, her drawings remind me a lot of my favourite cartoons and comics as a child - Ren and Stimpy! What do you think?

 (pic sourced from here)

(pic sourced from here)

And to wrap up the French theme, I discovered that the French Festival is on this weekend at South Bank! I think I am going to snuggle in at home with the dogs and watch movies cos it's cold and rainy today! I never get to do this, so I want to seize this opportunity! Wheeee! Tonight, I am going to see Happy Potter Part 2! yay yay yay!


Happy weekend to you! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment